With the summer months approaching, it is important to keep your skin looking healthy and happy. Keep your skin looking fresh with these bold skin summer tips.
- Sun Exposure – As we age, our skin becomes more dehydrated and thin. Too much exposure to the sun can cause more damage to our skin. Layer on the sunscreen and don’t forget to wear a fun hat!
- Stay Hydrated – with (almost) all the elements working against you, be sure to drink up! Water is super important during the hot months outdoors. Think of it as working from the inside out. Staying hydrated helps your skin look and feel more youthful and fresh.
- Reapply Sunscreen – Most likely we don’t put enough sunscreen on and need to reapply every 2 hours. This is important so we don’t cause more harm to our beautiful skin.
- Wash Face – Twice a day we should be gently washing our face from the dirt, oil, and other elements we come in contact with. Again, be sure you are using a gentle cleanser that won’t dry out your skin.
- Exfoliate – Remove the dead skin and allow your skin to heal. Once a week is plenty to get that stubborn makeup, dirt, sunscreen, etc. out of your pores. Make sure the formula is not harsh or drying, but a gentle exfoliator should get the job done.
Be bold for your next beach day with these summer skin tips. Talk to your dermatologist about potentially adding these to your skincare routine. Start loving your skin and glow all summer long.